Position Summary: Primarily responsible for the processing and analysis of residential mortgage loan applications to be secured by residential real property.
Requirements for position
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in analyzing residential mortgage loan applications.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Proficient in Conventional, FHA and VA loans. Experience with USDA, 203k and various bond programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of current RESPA/TRID regulations and requirements.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Your duties will include the following:
- Review files for submission to underwriting by analyzing income, assets, credit, and real estate contracts
- Run, read and follow AUS findings
- Submit complete files to underwriting
- Review and validate appraisals, homeowner insurance and title
- Communicate with borrowers and appropriate parties requesting required documentation and collect for loan approval
- Request and monitor change of circumstances for re-disclosure when required
Nonessential functions and responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned by branch and/or senior management from time to time.
- Knowledge of Encompass is helpful, the ability to learn it is essential.
Other Success Factors
- Computer proficiency with all required company provided software
- Time management – the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to research and stay abreast of industry guidelines
- Need to maintain a vested interest in all areas of the mortgage industry
- Work independently while understanding the necessity to communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and arms to operate office equipment, talk, and hear. Prolonged periods of sitting may be required. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to general office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Senior management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and is not intended to change or modify the at-will nature of your employment.