For over 40 years, Creative Foam has designed and manufactured cellular and non-cellular foams and plastics for our automotive customers. Key ingredients in our success in this market include innovative people, an abiding passion for quality and an unwavering commitment to the customer.
Our Dowagiac, MI location currently is looking for an individual with the same commitment to join our team as a:
Fork Truck Mechanic
This key position supports all facets of maintenance to meet and support the plant objectives and production requirements in a growing environment.
*Maintain fleet of lift trucks, scissor lift, boom lift and company vehicles. Includes PM’s and keeping spare parts.
* Manage projects or repair work orders including problem, remedy, labor, parts and downtime.
*Train operators as needed.
*Work with Maintenance team on other areas as needed.
*Trouble shooting, problem solving and improving the manufacturing processes including:
* Provide the plant maintenance support including utilities and structure.
* Performs the scheduled preventative/predictive maintenance program to its specification and guidelines.
* Promotes Company's safety efforts and maintains a safe working environment for employees.
*10 years’ experience with fork lift and like equipment a must
* Some machine repair with hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical trouble shooting
* Ability to learn fabrication skills to include manual mill and lathe work, cutting, torching, welding (MIG and TIG) grinding and assembly.
Education / Requirements:
* High School Diploma
* Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Maintenance
Creative Foam offers an outstanding compensation package, including medical, dental, 401k and tuition reimbursement