Director - Purchasing and Supply Chain
Director – Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Since 1969, Creative Foam has been a leading supplier of cellular and non-cellular foam and plastic products for customers in the transportation, health care, and composite markets. Headquartered in Fenton, MI, we have 11 manufacturing locations and 1,300 employees. Our continued success is attributable to our innovative people, an abiding passion for quality, and an unwavering commitment to the customer.
The Director of Purchasing and Supply Chain manages all aspects of the procurement and sourcing function including supplier selection, qualification, material cost management and development. This key leadership position reports to the President of our Transportation and Composite Divisions. This position works closely with other departments, including Program Management, Engineering, Sales and Materials.
- Lead and manage 5 procurement professionals to ensure that procurement services are aligned with the goals of the organization (raw material and indirect buyers)
- Drive material cost savings initiatives through supplier re-negotiation and new supplier development in line with budgeted goals.
- Develop sourcing and risk management strategies. Develop, implement and manage plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of the department.
- Effectively manage supplier terms and conditions, quality issues and ongoing relationships. Implement and lead supplier qualification processes to ensure high quality and delivery standards.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, sales, program management and the materials lab to ensure that material supply, cost and development are meeting targeted expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present data in an organized manner.
- Proven ability to negotiate, making sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Highly organized and results driven
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain or related degree
- Significant purchasing management experience within the automotive/transportation industry.
- Experience with soft trim interior components strongly preferred. Knowledge of nonwoven, polyurethane, polyolefin, TPO/TPU or PET materials highly desirable.
Creative Foam offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.