Design for Manufacture Engineer
Do you have a drive to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients? Does product design, manufacturing, and processes that improve the future of healthcare excite you? Do you truly want to make a difference to people both globally and right around the corner? There’s never been a more exciting time to work for Creative Foam Medical Manufacturing!
We have an amazing opportunity for a Design for Manufacture Engineer on our team. Creative Foam is seeking someone who can excel in providing design and prototype support to the sales and manufacturing departments to meet the product design requirement of our customers. The position would be hands-on throughout the product realization process and facilitate a smooth launch to production.
Key responsibilities include:
· Determine best materials and methods for manufacturing customer designed parts.
· Develop and document work instructions, models, drawings, tooling, Bill of Materials, CNC programs, etc. for new products.
· Program various CNC equipment to make parts or tooling for parts.
· Enter engineering change requests; manage document revisions and revision levels.
· Assist with requests for quote.
· Maintain housekeeping and safety standards
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent experience (desired).
- Knowledge and experience with 3D CAD/CAM.
- Prior product manufacturing and new product launch experience.
- Solidworks, MasterCAM, Plex Online (desired).
- Process automation.
- Bilingual; English and Spanish a plus
- Familiar with ISO 13485:2016
About Creative Foam:
Since 1969, Creative Foam has been a leading supplier of cellular and non-cellular foam and plastic products for customers in the automotive, medical and composite markets. We have manufacturing locations in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Colorado and Tennessee. Our longevity and success are attributable to our innovative people, an abiding passion for quality and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
Creative Foam offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.