Do you want to work for a leading automotive manufacturer?
For 50 years, Creative Foam has designed and manufactured cellular and non-cellular foams and plastics for our automotive customers. Key ingredients in our success in this market include innovative people, an abiding passion for quality and an unwavering commitment to the customer.
Our Dowagiac, MI location currently is looking for an individual with the same commitment to join our team as a
Tool and Die Technician.
Primary focus is to support all facets of the tool and die tasks to meet and support plant objectives and production requirements in a growing environment. Person must have hands on working knowledge of compression tooling, processing and tolerance.
Responsibilities are as follow:
1. Assemble tooling and dies to customer and/or manufacturing specifications using standard tool room equipment and machinery.
2. Maintain production tooling and dies in good repair and correct/repair active tooling aids requested by manufacturing to meet the build schedules and minimize down time.
3. Set up hydraulic presses and precision tooling for manufacturing.
4. Repair and work with vendors, on repairs of hydraulic compression tools.
5. Knowledge of Thermo Vacuum forming process to understand tooling needs.
6. Knowledge of electrical components, like cartridge heaters and basic electrical wiring a plus.
7. Ensures that work area is clean and equipment is maintained in good repair to meet all safety and operating requirements.
8. Assist the Manager as required and perform other duties as may be assigned.
9. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with compression tooling.
10. Computer skills, experience in Plex and excel a plus.
Creative Foam offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement