Reports to: Quality Manager Department: Quality
Classification: Quality Engineer Plant/Division: Fenway
Assist management team in the implementation of quality plans and procedures. Facilitate a cross functional team to complete and present corrective actions to our customers. Maintain and drive continuous improvement of IATF16949 quality systems and support ISO 14001 environmental system. Provide guidance and training to plant manufacturing and support teams. Develop, maintain, and control quality system procedures, work instructions, inspection instructions, and related gages and equipment. Develop and maintain APQP and PPAP processes. Understand and leverage Lean Six Sigma, support and participate in Six Sigma projects.
- Supervises and/or performs and reports results of incoming, in-process and out-going quality audits.
- Supervises and assists in the resolution of internal customer, external customer and supplier quality issues.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and control of QA documents, including but not limited to: Inspection and quality plans, procedures, and workstation instructions. Review, distribute, obsolete, and ensure removal of changed documents.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop, maintain and implement procedures for corrective action, both internal and external, including but not limited to; recording, investigating, eliminating and controls to prevent loss of resources.
5. Ensure Non-conforming products are identified, segregated, and when necessary, moved to the hold area. Establish inspection. Verify products that have been sorted and certified to meet customer standards. Obtain approval from appropriate authority to dispose of non-conforming products.
6. Assists operators and production supervisors in performance of first and last piece inspection process to established pass/fail standards.
7. Assist in development of Root Cause, Corrective Action Plans, updating D & PFMEA and assessing the effectiveness of Corrective Actions taken.
8.Assist Engineering in the review and reporting of incoming and/or in-process testing activities. Assist and provide training for the assessment, evaluation and correlation of data from supplier and the company. A part of Problem Solving Ream, recommend resolutions to non-normal or non-conforming issues.
9. Assist in the process to drive continuous improvement in communication of our requirements with each of our divisions and our suppliers.
10. Supervises and maintains statistical charts, reports, daily scrap data and internal sort data.
11. Supervises and/or assists in training and evaluation of plant personnel in proper use of inspection equipment; verifies and reports accuracy and G R/R.
12. Supervises and/or maintains customer specific requirements. Supervises and/or collects, organizes and presents data to ensure customer requirements are met.
13. Supervises and assists in problem solving and identification of areas for improvements.
14. Performs special projects as assigned by the management team, organizes and presents data in statistical format.
15. Manage Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and APQP processes (Iterations, Checksheet, Gates)
16. Perform all additional/other tasks assigned by management in a timely manner.
17. Practices safe work habits.
Skills and Attributes
- Understand, develop and manage the quality system
- Manage Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) (Iterations, Gates etc) Meet customer timing for PPAP submission
- Develop Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) principles
- Understand Risk mitigation strategies
- Understand and navigate various customer portals
- Interact, support, provide professional feedback and communication with the customer
- Understanding and implement Lean Six Sigma Principles
- Understand IATF 16949 develop and maintain CFC Quality Management System
- Participate in and support both internal and external audits
- Basic understanding of ISO 14001
- Understand engineering drawings and basic GD&T
- Continuously improve Creative Foam manufacturing processes and process controls
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand and leverage formal problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills – work towards professional certifications (Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, Shainin Red X, ASQ certs)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent work experience
- In depth understanding of Formal Problem Solving
- Quality systems – development and implementation
- In depth understanding of Six Sigma techniques and methodologies
- Experience with Plex ERP system desirable