Job Title: Senior Automation Engineer
Reports to: Head of Managed Services
The Senior Automation Engineer will provide and implement automation system support to projects and automation system initiatives on our client's site. This exciting position offers you a unique opportunity to work with a talented team of engineers while developing and deploying cutting edge solutions for our blue chip client base.
- Lead the entire life cycle of automation projects, from concept to feasibility and from design and test to production
- Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved process improvement activities
- Manage and support automation engineers on new and existing projects
- The role requires contact with Customers, including attendance to site meetings and survey packaging lines to assist in providing a technical solution
- Manage automation suppliers
- Manage Feasibility Studies for Automation Systems
- You will promote continuous improvement through the provision of feedback to the engineering team in relation to deployment experience of integrated vision and software solutions
- Required to travel in Ireland and rare but occasional travel abroad
- Other duties as required
- Relevant third level qualification such as a diploma/degree in an Engineering discipline. Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Excellent computer skills, MS Word, Excel, Project
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and structured standards and practices for regulated Industry including FDA and GAMP
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines including: in-house Engineering, Operations, Quality and Product Development and Sales departments as well as partners, contractors, suppliers and customers
- Experience in design and development of machine vision solutions preferable
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting machine vision solutions desirable
- Experience creating regulatory documents such as Functional Design Specifications and system validation documents.
- SQL knowledge as both our vision products use SQL so to understand some limitations/ functions to be able to liaise with R&D
- An understanding of manufacturing processes, with experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical devices industries an advantage
- Experience working with PLCs and Automation systems for manufacturing is advantageous, particularly Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC.
- Proven record of delivering against set goals
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Some commercial experience an advantage
Why Join Crest Solutions?
In Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance programme
Crest Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.