Job Title: Support Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Managed Services
Job Summary: The Support Engineer will be involved in the servicing of machine vision and serialisation related solutions on our customer’s site. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible around shift patterns and on call services.
· As a Support Engineer, you will provide technical support for our customers at their site to ensure their systems and operations run in an effective and efficient manner.
· You will be tasked with becoming a Subject Matter Expert with our customer’s vision and serialisation technology and troubleshooting any faults that may occur.
· You will have the opportunity to liaise with internal engineering & project co-ordination team, consultants, subcontractors, supervisors and the general workforce involved in the project to ensure full compliance with solution requirements.
· You will update and Control Configuration Specification of our Customer’s Vision and Serialisation Systems.
· You will work within Crest Solutions standard operating procedures (SOPs) and our clients standard operating procedures for projects.
· As an integral member of the team, you will provide feedback to the internal engineering team in relation to deployment experience of integrated vision and software solutions.
· You will follow all standard and regulatory work practices as well as customer specific site work practices.
· Working closely with the customer, you will work on writing tests, run the test suite and generate test reports.
· You will execute qualification tests including FAT, SAT etc
· You will ensure that automation systems and associated documents are designed in compliance with all relevant GMP standards, Quality and SOP requirements.
· You will draft Quality Control Documentation when required including. Deviations, CAPAs and SOP updates.
· You will take a pro-active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
· At minimum, a third level qualification in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical, computing or electronic engineering. Ideally, the candidate would have a BEng in Automation Engineering, a BSc in Computing / Software Engineering or a BEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
· This position is site based.
· Knowledge of Packaging Machine Automation and Processes is a distinct advantage.
· Demonstrate an interest in programming and software systems with languages such as C#, VB, Java.
· Demonstrate experience, ability or interest to work with elements of industrial vision and software based systems including PLC’s, SCADA systems and PC based systems.
· Demonstrate an ability to logically troubleshoot complex PC and PLC based control systems.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.
· Flexible with willingness to work evenings and weekends.
· Must have a full, clean drivers licence.
· Must demonstrate excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, with strong attention to detail.
Why Join Crest Solutions?
In Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
· Competitive salary
· Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
· A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment
· A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance programme
Crest Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.