Senior Packaging Engineer
Crest Solutions have an open position for a Senior Engineer in packaging to to join our team
The Senior Packaging Engineer will be responsible for managing various packaging projects, including the designing, developing, and validating a wide variety of package designs to support the development of orthopedic implants and associated devices that are of a complex nature. He or she will also be responsible for developing and coordinating the requirements and specifications for new packaging equipment and processes. Experience with new technologies that will drive packaging innovation resulting in competitive advantages across global platforms is desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads the design of new packages and improvement of legacy designs and manufacturing processes or serve as a key member on a project teams.
· Review and understand equipment specifications as supplied by equipment vendors. Management of capital projects from feasibility concept through installation and validation.
· Directs the generation of prototype samples to evaluate new materials and/or design concepts.
· Leads the Risk Analysis role for the package design, process design and process FMEA’s.
· Develops comprehensive validation plans generates protocol and reports.
· Manages collaboration across multiple international facilities.
· Identifies new technologies that will provide innovation and product differentiation.
· Support and manage as required Packaging Development related quality improvement initiatives.
· Coordination of internal and external/contractor resources to develop solutions required to solve complex engineering problems will be a primary focus
· Strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills are essential.
· A thorough understanding of ISO13485, ISO11607, 21 CFR 820 and Process Validation is a must.
· An ability to manage multiple projects.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate product cost as well as analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements;
- Executing equipment qualification and process validation projects
- Developing and executing project plans and scheduling
· Programming and troubleshooting processes and standards;
· Working with rapid prototyping technologies.
· Strong project management skills
Why Join Crest Solutions?
In Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance programme