The Team Lead will provide team leadership and hands on development capability including guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to our Common Platform team. You will be responsible for the development, expansion and implementation of our Common Platform utilized across our entire products portfolio.
Through standardized Agile dashboards you will be able to demonstrate the quantitative and qualitative achievements of the team, whilst reporting and reviewing results with the Engineering Manager. The Team Lead works together with all Product Managers and Team Leaders ensuring that the Common Platform continuously evolves to meet the technical needs of our development teams and helps accelerate the delivery of high quality, scalable product offerings to our customers.
All our teams are high performing software and engineering teams including the common platform team, as the Team Lead you will be expected to use your technical expertise, influence, and creativeness to continuously improve the overall team performances whilst moving to a continuous software release methodology.
- Lead a cross-functional team of software & vision engineers in the creation of high-quality Common Platform code base within agreed deadlines as outlined in the Product Roadmap and in alignment with other product developments.
- Work together with the Product Managers, other Team Leads and Architects to identify and architecture the solution and provide guidance and expertise on innovative technologies and approaches.
- Display technical leadership by overseeing the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team, and encourage it within others.
- Develop and deliver high quality, high performance and reusable Common Platform components and libraries for all product lines.
- Ensure consistent use of shared Common Platform components across all products.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to continue cultivating a high-performing team.
- Work together with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create solutions that are cohesive, utilising the common platform framework throughout.
- Assume ownership of all work developed by the members of the team including completing sprint planning, delivery monitoring, mentoring where required and recommendation of modern technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure that all planned work is delivered on time and in schedule with the appropriate developer testing and code reviews performed.
- Provide ownership of all team adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes, standards including Issue management and escalation.
- Inspire and motivate team members within a positive ‘can do’ environment
- Relevant third level qualification(s) such as BSc in Computer Science, BE in Electronic Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of C# .NET Framework 4.6.1+, and .NET Core 2.0 and above
- Proven at scale working experience with products based on Microservices architectures
- Proficient in Agile test-driven development projects and automated testing
- Proven people management experience in a hardware or software engineering business ideally within Life Sciences or other regulated industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to establish plans of action to effectively ensure achievement of results
- Able to influence and drive teamwork to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Knowledge of a wide range of software products, the technology used and a desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Experience of development, deployment and administration of services on the Azure Cloud platform
- Good understanding of development performance metrics and KPI’s within a team environment
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and product delivery within an Agile Development environment
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines including in house Engineering, Operations, Quality and Product Development, partners and 3rd party contractors
- An interest in emerging software technologies suited to an industry 4.0 factory end customer environment
- Experience in a machine or computer vision product development
- A proven interest in electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering
- An understanding of the application of software within manufacturing environments such as those involving machine vision, industrial automation or similar
Why Join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program