Where you come in?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Engineer to join our Dublin team. If you are looking for a role that provides the scope to learn about new technologies and work on distributed large scale real-time systems, joining the CurrencyFair Tech team may be the perfect career move for you.
People with a strong interest in systems architecture around distributed services are of particular interest to our team.
2. Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
3. Collaborate with Product Designers and Backend Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
4. Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
5. Proactively contribute to Front-end architectural choices
6. Use new technologies creatively to solve issues
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Community Involvement
2. Passion for problem-solving
4. Ability to navigate around PHP code
5. Experience in working with React Framework or at least one of the Front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, etc.
6. Demonstrated experience in testing frameworks; Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, etc.
7. Secure programming - Knowledge of common threats and how to recognise and avoid writing exploitable code
And bonus points for:
1. Experience with Java and PHP
2. Experience of automated, continuous deployment systems, such as Jenkins and Capistrano
We sometimes receive the following questions when we have an Engineer vacancy, which we are happy to address.
Q: Does the option to work remotely work for this role?
A: We are flexible in our approach to working arrangements and have a number of employees who work off-site. However, this particular role is Dublin based.
Q: Do you offer a relocation package?
A: We can explore this for an ideal candidate. However, we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship for this role.