Reporting directly to the CFO, as Financial Accountant you will be responsible for Financial Reporting, preparation and presentation of accurate monthly management accounts and all annual statutory and corporate reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts both on a consolidated and local subsidiary basis, providing commentary against budget variances
- Manage the month margin calculation
- Support the annual audit process for the various companies
- Support the tax reporting requirements – R&D, CT, VAT etc
- Ensure monthly payments and reporting to relevant authorities are made accurately and on a timely basis
- Work closely with the CFO in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting for the full year.
- Daily & Weekly cashflow reporting including cash balancing
- Management of the payroll process, liasing with HR and outsourced service provider to ensure accurate and timely payroll payments
- Management of a strong financial control environment
- Developing Process Improvements and enhanced reporting capabilities to provide better quality information and drive efficiencies in the reporting process.
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Mentoring junior members of the finance team
Qualifications and experience required
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Advanced Excel & MS Office capability.
- Highly analytical with high levels of attention to detail.
- Experience in Monthly Mgt Accounts and meeting tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent Organisational Skills / Good Time Management
- Ability to plan own time Effective Communicator / Good Listener
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships internally and a track record of successfully influencing a management team and external parties.
- Self Starter & Highly Motivated
- Motivated by personal internal goals, and not requiring constant reinforcement, monitoring or motivation.