CurrencyFair was originally established in 2009 by a team who had the vision to create the world’s first peer-to-peer foreign exchange marketplace that enables consumers and businesses to save substantial sums of money when transferring money abroad. We believe that all customers should come first, by having access to a simple, transparent and innovative product which eliminates hidden fees and uncompetitive exchange rates offered by Banks. We have our headquarters in Dublin and a office in Australia and we are now planning an expansion into the Asian market. With our growth plans, we are looking to add to the amazing team we already have here at CurrencyFair.
Where this role fits in
As a Product Designer, you will conceptualise and design best-in-class experiences across multiple touchpoints throughout the CurrencyFair user journey.
You will use your broad range of skills that will include customer research, wireframing, and user testing, to assist you designing user flows and polished interfaces that focus on providing our customers with a positive experience.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will design a range of features and functionality across multiple platforms and products that are used by an international customer base.
- Conceive, wireframe, design and user test UI products and features that deliver the highest quality user experience in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency;
- Talk to customers and conduct research to help better understanding their problems and current pain-points;
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners to help define detailed product requirements such as prototypes, descriptions and detailed wireframes;
- Participate in design critiques, seek out and provide meaningful and constructive feedback;
- Communicate and present your designs and ideas to stakeholders and developers in a clear and well-documented format;
- Work with developers to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product;
- Strike a balance in striving for new and improved processes and workflows, whilst also working within constraints of existing ones;
- Help establish, develop and grow our culture of design;
Possess a positive outlook, see challenges and obstacles as opportunities to learn and excel.
What we need as a minimum:
- 2+ years experience designing for a multitude of devices and platforms that must include mobile responsive websites and native apps;
- Portfolio of recent work, highlighting not just the finished article, but the problems, opportunities, processes and outcomes surrounding each project;
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
And what we’d be super impressed with:
- Experience working for a fintech company
- Experience designing for the Asian market;
- Worked with WordPress or a similar CMS;
- Basic HTML/CSS skills.