Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, this permanent role involves driving and managing the risk and compliance agenda for this fast growing, dynamic business. The role has a major focus on AML/CTF legislation but as the company grows the Compliance universe shall expand. Compliance and the effective management of risk are crucial for CurrencyFair’s business and our continued commitment to a compliance culture.
This position presents a rare opportunity to drive compliance & risk initiatives in a highly innovative, global company. While located in Dublin, this role incorporates a multi regulatory environment and is responsible for risk & compliance across all CurrencyFair group entities.
Compliance & Risk Leadership
- Assist the Head of Risk & Compliance in establishing policies and standards to avoid regulatory and reputational risk.
- Act as liaison when required between Financial Regulators and the Firm.
- Ensure the firm and its employees are complying with all relevant regulatory requirements and internal Policies & Procedures
- Acting as a key influencer in determining and driving the compliance culture.
- Develop and maintain risk & compliance policies and procedures.
- Manage the Compliance Monitoring Plan and Risk Management Programme that allow the firm to identify, prevent and correct areas of noncompliance.
- Provide effective communication of key regulatory changes to the business.
- Provide effective input into, and work with the business in developing, new products, geographies, and other growth initiatives, ensuring they can be delivered in a compliant manner.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Support the business by providing advice and assistance on application of rules and policies for specific transactions and general business activities based on an understanding of business strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the business in establishing processes and procedures that are compliant.
- Identification and management of relevant regulatory issues arising in the business and work with business to ensure any issues are resolved to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in line with regulatory requirements and annual training objectives.
- Manage audit and regulatory reviews.
- Ensure staff act in accordance with regulatory requirements by providing advice on all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure familiarity with our products and keep updated on relevant industry risk and compliance issues and solutions.
- Review new business and product initiatives for consistency with regulatory requirements and provide advice to the business on achieving compliance.
- Partner with other control functions (including but not limited to AML/CTF, Audit, Operations, Legal etc.) when matters of common or collateral concern arise.
- Lead and participate in projects and initiatives as required.
- Build and maintain transparent relationships within the Group –be a trusted advisor.
- Provide support advice and guidance on day to day issues arising from AML/Customer Service/Marketing and others in the business.
- Take Ownership of some key processes from end to end -such as those relating to Fraud and ensure they are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Previous hands-on experience in a dynamic risk/compliance role, ideally within a cross border multilingual environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within financial services.
- Clear understanding of the current regulatory and compliance environment within financial services.
- Superior investigative skills and knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements including Payment Services Directive, AML/CTF, CPC, and Data Protection.
- Strong experience collaborating with other business areas to meet company objectives and strategy.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to deal effectively with senior management, administration staff and other stakeholders as required.
- The role manages a small team so direct, people management experience is highly desirable.
- Professional Diploma in Compliance preferred.
- Fluency in several languages in a major positive advantage.
What we look for
You will provide advice and support to the wider team on day to day issues, so strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential. You will also support the values of the business and contribute positively to the culture here at CurrencyFair