With an ever growing global product offering and an expanding team of engineers, we are now looking to build a QA team to ensure the high quality delivery of our Product Roadmap. The UAT Engineer will work closely with key product, commercial and operational stakeholders to ensure that engineering deliveries meet their requirements and specifications.
This is a hands on testing role, and whilst the successfully candidate will help drive QA processes and procedures moving forward, initially the focus will be on test planning, test case creation and test execution.
We work in an Agile, fast paced environment with a strong team culture and a will to surpass expectations in everything that we do. The successful candidate will be a team player,someone who thrives with responsibility, who has a can do attitude, an analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving, who leaves no stone unturned in their quest to deliver high quality software.
Please note this is a junior role that would suit someone with a 1-2 years experience in Testing who is looking for a new challenge and to be part of a growing QA function. Eventually our aim is to have a bigger QA/UAT team with Senior/Lead testers or a Test manager, but for now this role is at a more junior level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Test planning, test case creation and test execution against previously signed off business requirements and user stories.
- Following up on open critical and high level bugs to ensure they are satisfactorily resolved
- Liasing with the product, design, and operations stakeholders to ensure roadmap items are delivered, meeting the business requirements
- Reviewing and giving input to business requirements and design specifications to enure the testability of deliveries and to identify the appropriate test approach
- Test execution reporting to provide product team key input to Go-Live decisions
- Improving the QA workflow and process
- Understanding the system requirements; working closely with Product Owners, developers and UI
- Helping troubleshoot issues, providing support to operational teams during and after the release of a new feature
- Identifying issues/risks/potential bugs as early as possible in the SDLC
- Cross browser testing on multiple platforms
- Working with distributed/remote teams
- Managing the UAT bugs and prioritisation of the same, with inputs from the Product team.
Qualifications & Experience
What we need as a minimum:
- 1+ years in an QA/UAT functional test role
- A degree in Computer Science or related IT degree
- Must be a very strong communicator, both written and orally
- Strong SQL, Excel & Jira
- Solid experience in Software Testing/QA
- Experience of mobile and app testing
And what we’d be super impressed with:
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Experience working as a lead tester on multiple project deliveries
- Testing certifications such as ISEB or ISTQB