As CurrencyFair grows and as we expand into the Asian market, this role is our first role to hire in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of Acquisition in Dublin, our Client Account Manager’s primary role will be to onboard customers onto the CurrenyFair platform and support opening client accounts until the first transaction is completed.
In addition, our Client Account Manager will act as CurrencyFair ambassador on the ground and will work closely with the wider Marketing/Commercial team to identify potential onboarding opportunities and drive the CurrencyFair brand in Asia. As our client base grows in Singapore, so too will the scope of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Singapore client queue and organise meetings with customers to capture identification details.
- Meet with potential clients and address any questions they might have about the product.
- Work with clients to finalise onboarding process in line with CurrencyFair requirements.
- Interact with the Customer Experience team (based in Ireland and Australia) to provide resolution to client issues and requests to ensure information is uploaded and relayed in a timely manner.
- Identify onboarding opportunities and work with the marketing team to activate potential events.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors.
Qualifications & Experience
- Flexible hours are required for this job – applicant must be able to work in the evening or / and at weekends depending on the client availability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong attention to detail as activities may have significant financial, client or business impact.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Ability to plan and prioritize their day to day workload to meet team deadlines
- Willing to work as part of a team and be flexible with duties as part of their growth plan within the team
- Appropriate Technical skills i.e. excel / Microsoft office/word
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is necessary
The ideal candidate
This role will suit a self starter with a strong sales or business development background who has a good awareness of the local market and understands the needs of the expat community; someone looking to take on the challenge of taking a company/brand that is already established in Europe and Australia, and helping establish it on the ground in Singapore. This role bring a lot of autonomy and responsibility and will be ideal for someone who enjoys networking and is very hands-on, independent, driven and commercially savvy.
As this is our first hire in Singapore, we are determined to get it right! We encourage you to tell us a little about your motivation for applying for this role and why working in a start up environment appeals to you (you can include a cover letter in the application process - it's easy). We'd also love to understand how you might have developed an understanding of the expat community in Singapore, since this is critical for this role.