CurrencyFair was originally established in 2009 by a team who had the vision to create the world’s first peer-to-peer foreign exchange marketplace that enables consumers and businesses to save substantial sums of money when transferring money abroad. We believe that all customers should come first, by having access to a simple, transparent and innovative product which eliminates hidden fees and uncompetitive exchange rates offered by Banks. We have our headquarters in Dublin and offices in Australia, Hong Kong and now Singapore as plan an expansion into the Asian market. With our growth plans, we are looking to add to the amazing team we already have here at CurrencyFair.
Where this role fits in
As Product Owner you will oversee and deliver multiple concurrent projects (both internal and customer facing) in alignment with the Product Roadmap and strategic objectives of the company. We are looking for someone who has worked as a Product Owner/Manager (preferably in Agile environment) for at least 3 years.
- Writing business cases in collaboration with the Analytics team for future product deliveries.
- Working closely with the design team on new product features currently in the design phase.
- Writing detailed requirements based on designs (where applicable).
- Define most valuable features within a release and establish an MVP.
- Lead estimation sessions with engineers. Create a project plan/critical path based on these estimates and any dependencies that may exist. Define the target release date.
- Lead daily stand ups and resolve any blockers that may arise for engineers.
- Act as point of contact for the team with any third party providers, lead any relevant meetings.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on all new product features.
- Monitor performance of new features once they are released to customers to define the success or failure of the project. Identify and resolve any production issues as soon as possible.
- Keep stakeholders (operations, marketing, compliance) up to date with the progress of all projects currently being worked on.
- Training of staff on any new features being released either to customers or internally.
What you should have as a minimum:
- Product management experience in a customer-facing software company.
- Full lifecycle product development process experience (Research, requirements, testing, monitoring)
- Background of working with teams to deliver projects under tight constraints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects to a high standard.
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience in the Financial Technology industry would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)