CurrencyFair was established in 2009 based on a simple premise: there was a better way for businesses and consumers to send money internationally that was faster, fairer, a lot cheaper, and far more convenient than the then current service offered by banks and brokers. Having launched in May 2010, we have grown steadily since then, and our team is now 100 people and counting globally. Our team is made up of individuals who are passionate about building an innovative product and delivering a world class service; and together we are busy working to achieve our vision of a world of fair financial services. If you want to be part of that, we’d love to hear from you.
We're searching for a full time financial planning data analyst to join our finance team to support the business in its global expansion. This role will be responsible for supporting the CFO in both analysing historic performance and managing the budgeting process for the go forward.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use regression analysis for scenario forecasting using past trends and future information
- Support production of monthly/quarterly Financial Performance and Key Performance Indicator packs for the Leadership Team
- Drive continual process improvements leveraging best practices and standardization, and automation to scale the business
- Ability to benchmark the company’s performance against the external market, ensuring performance trends are unearthed and contextualised
- Support the CFO in managing forecasts for new territories and geographics
- Create a robust standardized budgeting pack that can be ultilised across the business
- Create a robust revenue planning model for the various revenue streams that we operate in and support the creation of regular forecasts and budgets
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for .
- · 2+ years commercial experience working in data analysis or similar
- · Expert-level SQL skills
- · 4+ years experience coding in Python / R or similar
- · Strong financial analysis experience
- · Strong commercial acumen and high attention to detail
- · Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills essential
- · Highly-driven and self-motivated
- · Flexible, with capability to manage changing priorities and deadlines across a multidisciplinary environment
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Ability to work with large volumes of data and comfortable working on the command line
- · Experience working with Tableau / Qlikview or similar
and... we would be super impressed if ....
You are familiar with open source-style development practices, e.g. knowledge of git & PR-based workflows
You have a good understanding of statistics and Bayesian analysis