As we continue to scale globally at CurrencyFair, we are at a pivotal point in our Company Life Cycle. We are now ready to create a Sales function and we are excited at the prospect of welcoming a Head of Sales now who will be fully responsible for establishing and building our Sales function globally. This will include the full operationalisation of the Sales and Account management function, working closely with the Marketing, Product and Customer Experience teams. Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer, this role will have full P&L responsibility for our global Sales function.
- You’ll be responsible for new revenue generation for CurrencyFair Small and Medium Businesses globally. Initially by leading and following up on key sales leads, including demo, and account conversion.
- You will build a team of sales executives globally to drive revenue growth in core markets, both directly and through partnerships.
- You’ll work closely with the Marketing Director to identify and act on key opportunities to grow current client accounts.
- You’ll provide sales insights, campaign ideas and recommendations that will specifically help our lead generation team secure more leads and opportunities.
- You will work closely with the Product team to influence the Product Roadmap in order to build your most effective sales ‘toolkit’
- You will support Product by providing product feedback from your interactions with our customers and prospects which will help shape our product roadmap.
- You will ultimately be responsible for developing and implementing the overall SME customer growth plans and strategy, in collaboration and alignment with the Marketing Director, including both the strategic account planning process and the performance objectives, sales targets and critical milestones for weekly/monthly/annual reporting cycles.
- While lead generation will primarily be coming through online and marketing campaigns, you will be responsible for building and securing your own pipeline by building a portfolio of contacts within the CurrencyFair addressable sectors that can be nurtured and converted.
- Once the function is established, you will hire, manage, mentor and motivate a team of high performing sales professionals globally.
- You will build solid relationships with our clients and nurture a culture of account management and relationship management amongst your team that is delivering the best service to our clients.
Like any sales role, the success of this position is underpinned by your ability to close opportunities and hit revenue targets. Someone who understands the determination and can-do attitude required from this type of role will be the best fit.
What you should have as a minimum:
- The successful candidate must have a background in financial services/banking/treasury/fintech
- Proven experience in a sales or business development role, with a clear understanding of financial services selling to individuals and SME’s.
- Proven experience closing business deals from inbound leads.
- Proven experience to build, develop and run a high performing Sales and Account Management planning process, in a lightweight way which simplifies complexity.
- Proven business, analytical and relationship management skills, with a targets / performance focus.
- Commerciality success and resilience - you’ll have a track record of delivering results in a challenging, competitive landscape.
- Experience in international markets or working across multi-country operations and remote teams.
- A core Customer-Centric view, passionate and focussed on how the CurrencyFair SME proposition can significantly add value and reduce cost to target client businesses.
- Experience in defining and executing SME customer growth strategies and plans.
- Proven ability to attract, manage and develop and grow Sales and Account Management talent.
- High competence with IT tools such as Google Docs, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo and experience with SalesForce.
- A way with the written word. Much of our success comes from careful tailoring of content to our target segments (so feel free to show your creative writing prowess when applying to us!).
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience working within industries that have FX needs
- A second language (another European or Asian language)
- Experience working in a similar ‘start-up’ type environment. i.e. you are adaptable and are a self starter who can work autonomously as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Exposure to online marketplaces / sellers.