As we embark on a very exciting phase for our Commercial team at CurrencyFair, we have identified a new role that will be fully responsible for establishing and building our Sales function from scratch. This will include the full operationalisation of the Sales and Account management function, working closely with the Marketing, Product and Customer Experience teams. Reporting into the Chief Commercial Office, this role will have full P&L responsibility for our global Sales function.
- You’ll be responsible for new revenue generation for CurrencyFair Small and Medium Businesses. By leading and following up on key sales leads, including welcome call, demo, conversion and on-boarding.
- You’ll work closely with the Marketing Director to identify and act on key opportunities to grow current client accounts
- You’ll provide sales insights, campaign ideas and recommendations that will specifically help our lead generation team secure more leads.
- You will support Product by providing product feedback from your interactions with our business customers which will help shape our product roadmap.
- You will ultimately be responsible for developing and implementing the overall SME customer growth plans and strategy, in collaboration and alignment with the Marketing Director, including both the strategic account planning process and the performance objectives, sales targets and critical milestones for weekly/monthly/annual reporting cycles.
- While lead generation will be coming through online and marketing campaigns, you will be responsible for securing your own pipeline by building a portfolio of contacts within the CurrencyFair addressable sectors that can be nurtured and converted.
Like any sales role, the success of this position is underpinned by your ability to close opportunities and hit revenue targets. Someone who understands the determination and can-do attitude required from this type of role will be the best fit.
What you should have as a minimum:
- Proven experience in a sales or business development role.
- Proven experience closing business deals from inbound leads.
- Proven experience to build, develop and run a high performing Sales and Account Management planning process, in a lightweight way which simplifies complexity.
- Proven business, analytical and relationship management skills, with a targets / performance focus.
- Commerciality success and resilience - you’ll have a track record of delivering results in a challenging, competitive landscape.
- A core Customer-Centric view, passionate and focused on how the CurrencyFair SME proposition can significantly add value and reduce cost to target client businesses
- Experience in defining and executing SME customer growth strategies and plans
- Someone who understands the peaks and troughs of sales roles and willing to undertake sales prospecting activity to support pipeline development during ‘quieter’ periods
- High competence with IT tools such as Google Docs, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo and experience with SalesForce
- A way with the written word. Much of our success comes from careful tailoring of content to our target segments (so feel free to show your creative writing prowess when applying to us!)
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience working within industries that have FX needs
- A second language (another European language or a Chinese language)
- Experience working in a similar ‘start-up’ type environment. i.e. you are adaptable and are a self starter who can work autonomously as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Exposure to online marketplaces / sellers
- Experience in scaling and developing Sales and Account Management teams, particularly where Sales teams are remote.
- Experience in international markets or working across multi-country operations and remote teams
- Proven ability to attract, manage and develop and grow Sales and Account Management talent.
- A curiosity about financial products
None initially but team will grow in time