CurrencyFair was originally established in 2009 by a team who had the vision to create the world’s first peer-to-peer foreign exchange marketplace that enables consumers (and small businesses) to save substantial sums of money when transferring money abroad. The company is created on the premise that all customers should come first, by having access to a simple, transparent and innovative product which eliminates hidden fees and uncompetitive exchange rates offered by Banks. The Company operates globally with offices in Dublin, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia and is currently embarking on a growth phase with increasing revenues, customer base and supported jurisdictions.
Where you come in?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior iOS Engineer to join our Dublin team. As our platform grows - we will continue to have a relentless focus on our UI’s and customer experience. We require a strong mobile engineer to internalise the ownership of mobile development at CurrencyFair, establish and drive industry standard best practices, and lead efforts to build our platform for the future.
- Design, build, extend and support the global CurrencyFair iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and high levels of automation
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-7+ years of experience in senior iOS development role.
- Community Involvement
- Passion for problem-solving
- Native mobile application development on iOS with fluency in Swift AND Objective-C, Core Foundation, UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Animation and other frameworks provided by Apple.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Secure programming - knowledge of common threats and how to recognise and avoid writing exploitable code
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
- Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, and the like.
- Has shipped and maintained apps, familiar with Apple’s submission process.
- Strong understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines as well as interaction design best practices.
- Work closely with product management & UX to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes.
And bonus points for:
- Experience with ReactNative or another modern UI frameworks
- Experience of Android development is an advantage
We sometimes receive the following questions when we have an Engineer vacancy, which we are happy to address.
Q: Does the option to work remotely work for this role?
A: We are flexible in our approach to working arrangements and have a number of employees who work off-site. However, this particular role is Dublin based.
Q: Do you offer a relocation package?
A: We are open to visa sponsorship for the right person.