Business Planning Manager
CurrencyFair was established in 2009 by a team who had the vision to create the world’s first peer-to-peer foreign exchange marketplace that enables consumers and businesses to save substantial sums of money when transferring money abroad. The company is created on the premise that all customers should come first, by having access to a simple, transparent and innovative product which eliminates hidden fees and non-competitive exchange rates offered by Banks.
The Company operates globally with offices in Dublin, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, and is now embarking on a growth phase having announced a merger with Assembly Payments one of the fastest growing FinTechs with a presence in Australia, Singapore, the Philippines and the US. Our combined structure of 170 people now plans to expand our presence across APAC, Europe, the Middle East, and the US. We are therefore looking for skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of global payments.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder would support the CEO to ensure the business performs optimally. The role spans all aspects of business operations with key accountability to drive results across:
- Support the CEO and leadership team in all aspects of running the business.
- Assist with the management of the global team including co-ordination of meetings, agenda formulation, review of papers, attendance and note taking and follow up on key actions.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of high quality and timely submissions for the Management Team Meetings, and key governance committees.
- Track performance, development, and implementation of business-critical issues.
- Work with partners on strategic initiatives.
- Ensure effective communication of key messages across direct / indirect team members.
- Create and develop internal and external speaking notes and presentations for a variety of forums ensuring that key points are made in a focused, accurate, and concise way and that key messages from them can be readily captured and cascaded by others.
- Review data to ensure quality and highlight issues to key stakeholders for continuous improvement.
- Analysis of Revenues and Returns for the business and assisting the CEO with KPI management.
- Tracking performance to budget and identifying risks and opportunities to delivering the targeted business performance.
- Assisting with strategic planning including the development and production of strategic plans, management reviews, performance updates and associated research, analysis, and presentation.
- Supporting discussions and decision-making at various forums / committees attended by the CEO.
- Support the CEO in identifying, designing & implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in every aspect of the business – constant adaptation to clients’ changing needs; focus on efficiency and productivity; and ongoing investments in our core capabilities.
- Support the CEO to innovate existing business model by linking market changes, drive collaboration and enhance client experience for client growth and higher returns.
- Ensure the design and delivery of initiatives are consistent with the business & functional strategy where appropriate.
- Bring significant technology & understanding of agile methodologies, ways of working acumen to bear in the design and implementation of transformation & change initiatives.
- Engage with internal & external stakeholders where appropriate to ensure all change initiatives are reflective of business and industry requirements and fit for purpose in delivering our mission.
- Drive a management process to enable senior management and respective colleagues effectively manage business objectives.
- Closely monitor the development, implementation and performance of business-critical issues. Drive regular business review meetings, conduct proactive data analysis on all metrics, including monthly financials, pipeline, budgets, staff, audit reports etc.
- Provide business management, coordination, and project management support for senior management.
- Work with senior managers to ensure a global standard approach to issue resolution.
- Develop and launch communications to global network on behalf of the CEO
- Develop detailed talking points for the CEO on key initiatives and events (e.g. client event speeches, industry panels)
- Lead, develop, implement, and track business initiatives / projects on behalf of the CEO and other senior management.
- Liaising with other members of the leadership team and business colleagues to ensure delivery of key objectives for the CEO.
- Support the CEO in managing & delivering of budgetary performance.
- Provide input to the development of end-to-end scalable infrastructure and processes to execute business processes.
- Prepare reports, presentations, papers, and review material to support discussions and decision making at various forums, including regulatory reporting. This will involve consolidating and integrating material from various sources and ensuring the final output is fit for purpose and aligned with the CEO’s requirements.
- Continuously improve business management efficiency by simplifying and standardizing operational processes and procedures. Identify and implement best practices in resources and processes, ensuring consistency and relevancy.
- Work with business and infrastructure stakeholders to identify and prioritise enhancements where applicable, and associated business cases and investments.
- Coordinate and support business engagements or ad-hoc requirements with other teams / partners and external parties (i.e. consultants, vendors, auditors, regulators, clients, media/publications, etc).
- Coordinate business meetings and escalations with stakeholders and support functions as required on behalf of the CEO.
- Liaising with relevant teams, facilitate both internal and external communication on behalf of CEO (e.g., business update, appointments, team calls, town halls, press release, media interviews) as well as brand / marketing related activities (e.g., client events, industry / proprietary forums) etc.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the vision & values of the business.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines.
- Effectively and collaboratively support the CEO to identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently.
- Mature self-starter who can quickly get up to speed and take a strategic view.
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects as well as day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
- Strong organisational skills and process discipline in order to drive multiple agendas.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in order to handle changing priorities and urgent requests from senior management.
- Experience of working in the geographic/functional matrix.
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationship and team environment.
- Maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Multi-cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Previous business management is useful with good written and verbal communication skills. Emphasis on management level presentation development and ‘story telling'
- Strong analytical skills.