What does a Software Engineer - Data do at DarkOwl?
The world needs more DarkOwls, and fewer bad guys. We are experiencing a time of great growth and are searching for software engineers to create new capabilities, enhance existing systems, and maintain our innovative product. The right person for this position is pro-active: rolling-up their sleeves, taking ownership, and learning quickly.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown Denver office or remote for the right candidate.
What a day in the life of a Software Engineer- Data looks like:
- Join the engineering team and take ownership of several pieces of our software systems. You maintain these systems, make them better, and help grow our product suite. We have unparalleled Darknet data, and you are going to help elevate it.
- Work cross-functionally: you work with folks across engineering and product teams to understand system requirements, define technical tasks, and execute the tasks. If you are a person who likes to work by yourself in a cubicle and not interact with other human beings then this job is not for you, sorry.
- Be Independent (don’t need too much handholding), Learn Quickly (we really don’t have that much time to teach, and we aren’t a big company with a training department), Are Creative (we are trying to accomplish the impossible, so creativity is kind of a prerequisite), and Are Flexible (you betcha. Priorities change, and we need to pivot on a dime).
- Strengthen our architecture and designs, applying new technologies and helping improve our efficiency.
What you bring to the table:
- You have 3+ years of experience under your belt developing production-quality software.
- You can operate relatively independently, but also be a team player and understand how to work with remote co-workers. We strive to be a no-drama company.
- You have extensive understanding of the following:
- Distributed applications
- REST architectures
- Common developer tools (code repositories, build tools, etc.)
- You have some knowledge of several of the following:
- Darknets and related technology
- Search Engine design, development, and optimization
- RESTful API development
- SQL and/or No SQL Databases
- Stream processing
- Caching databases
- Map Reduce and other big-data processing tools
- Web crawlers
DarkOwl does not discriminate in employment matters based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support and strive for workplace diversity.