What does a Data Scientist do at DarkOwl?
The world needs more DarkOwls, and fewer bad guys. We are experiencing a time of great growth and are expanding our Research & Development team to generate algorithms, analytic tools, and publications that provide unprecedented capability and insights for our analysts and clients. The right person is a pro-active: rolling up their sleeves, jumping in, and making sense of our data so we can stay on the leading edge of darknet analysis.
The cool part is the tools, algorithms, and prototypes that you design provide the analytic foundation for company’s products. Creativity and dedication are a must, so are skills and a sense of humor.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown Denver office or remote for the right candidate.
What a day in the life of a Data Scientist looks like:
- You design, develop, and experiment with the darknet data we collect. You will take ownership of our technical R&D activities. We are good, and you need to make us better.
- You have high attention to detail, are comfortable working independently, and are a data analysis expert.
- You are a thought leader who asks and answers questions we haven’t thought of yet.
- You are Independent (don’t need too much hand holding), a Quick Learner (we really don’t have that much time to teach, and we aren’t a big company with a training department), Creative (we are trying to accomplish the impossible, so creativity is kind of a prerequisite), and Flexible (you betcha. Priorities change, and we need to pivot on a dime)
- Additionally, you provide guidance and mentoring to more junior personnel as needed. We are always trying to bring up new folks, and value wise people who can help them along.
- Work cross-functionally: you need to work with folks across engineering and product teams to understand system requirements, define technical tasks, and execute the tasks. If you are a person who likes to work by yourself in a cubicle and not interact with other human beings then this job is not for you, sorry.
What you bring to the table:
- You need the equivalent of 10 or more years of relevant research experience manipulating and analyzing large, complex, and diverse data sets.
- You have a strong background and experience in several of the following:
- Machine Learning
- Modeling and Simulation
- Big Data
- Predictive Analytics
- Darknet (Bonus points for this)
- Software prototyping and engineering
- Algorithm Development
- Experimentation design and execution
- Development of compelling publications for internal and external audiences
- You can operate relatively independently, but also be a team player and understand how to work with remote co-workers. We strive to be a no-drama company.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solving skills who is comfortable dealing with raw and unstructured and translating it into forward thinking recommendations
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
DarkOwl does not discriminate in employment matters based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support and strive for workplace diversity.