What does a Business Development Associate do at DarkOwl?
The world needs more DarkOwls, and fewer bad guys. We are experiencing a time of great growth and are searching to expand the sales team with an energetic self-starter to identify and qualify prospective customers through email, calling and networking to expand the sales pipeline and drive revenue growth. The right person for this position is pro-active: rolling-up their sleeves, taking ownership, and learning quickly.
This role has a very high level of independence and gives entrepreneurial minded business development person an amazing platform that they can be proud of, and which they will be rewarded for.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown Denver office.
What does a day in the life of a Business Development Associate looks like:
- Consult with prospective customers to understand their needs and help them understand how DarkOwl can be a solution.
- Be the hunter: data mine new key contacts using networking tools for discovery to gain valuable insights, data and perspectives which can be used in the selling our solutions. Schedule and set-up meetings between potential customer and our Sales Executives.
- Collaborate with sales team to build strategy and maximize productivity and pipeline creation.
- Work closely with marketing to support your efforts, but leveraging campaign lead, campaign messaging, etc.
- Be Independent (don’t need too much hand holding), Quick learner (we really don’t have that much time to teach, and we aren’t a big company with a training department), Creative (we are trying to accomplish the impossible, so creativity is kind of a prerequisite), Flexible (you betcha. Priorities change, and we need to pivot on a dime)
- Actively participate in sharing best practices and maintaining a positive team player attitude.
What you bring to the table:
- You need to have 2 years+ experience in a Business Development role, bonus points for SaaS Software and/or cybersecurity experience, but if not, we will train you.
- You can operate relatively independently, but also be a team player. We strive to be a no-drama company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal/external clients
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work and engage a variety of different audiences across various industries
- We prefer tech-savvy salespeople. You don’t have to be a developer by any means, but you do have to learn and demo our platform.
- A sense of humor really helps.
DarkOwl does not discriminate in employment matters based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support and strive for workplace diversity.