Our client, a leading health insurer serving 2 million people in the Pacific Northwest, has asked us to find them an experienced Information Security Analyst/Lead to anchor their big data and data science efforts. This is a great role for a person who wants to take that next step into leadership while playing a key role in serving the healthcare needs of the public and living in one of the nicest parts of the country. If you’re the right expert, you’ll be working with people in the hot area of data and analytics to develop, evaluate, recommend, monitor, and maintain information security policies, procedures and systems. You’ll work closely with the team to ensure that security architecture, designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures comply with HITRUST standards and overall IT security goals.
The right professional will have both a technical and Infosec strategy background - allowing you to think beyond the isolated technical components and see the larger picture. You will apply your expertise in new ways, getting the organization to the point where they can pass a HITRUST audit and ultimately be awarded certification. Your work will serve members and improve the organization’s stewardship of confidential information.
Think you’re our expert? If so, let’s talk! Please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining multiple security event technologies supporting our client’s security program
- Interfacing with security engineers to ensure alignment of standards with designs and deployments
- Document and communicate end-to-end guidance on how to manage security risks through administrative and technical security measures
- Develop and implement plans for overall security programs and the HITRUST framework
- Investigate and triage security events, and implement cleanup and remediation processes
- Mentor and develop junior analysts
LOCATION: This company is based just outside of Seattle, Washington giving you the benefits of that great city without the hassles that come with commuting into it. This is one of the coolest areas in the US - A diverse community that is home to some of the world's technology leaders, including Amazon, Boeing, and Microsoft. (If you're a coffee fan, Seattle is also the home of Starbucks!)
MODE: This is a permanent position.
REQUIRED: Applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or Business Administration, OR four (4) years’ of related work experience
- Five (5) years' experience with common security operations systems and services
- Experience with systems architecture or engineering, with a security focus
- Experience with information security in a healthcare environment
- A strong understanding of current legal and regulatory requirements, including HIPAA
- Strong technical and practical experience in : Application Security, Information Protection, Physical Protections, Awareness and Training, Risk Management, Threat Mitigation, Identity and Access Management, Incident Response, and Network Security
- Proven experience and success in:
- Successfully facilitating collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels
- Consistently driving projects to completion and taking accountability for work and results
- Consulting with clients and teammates to identify all facets of situations and proactively generating solutions
- Understanding of potential impacts to processes and systems
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Teradata, Intersystems and Netezza
- Experience with the HITRUST audit procedure
COMPENSATION: We know that folks like you are in demand. So, our client has crafted an attractive compensation package. The right candidate for this role can expect a salary upwards of $125,000.
But wait! That’s not all! You’ll also get:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Free parking
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.