Our client, a leading health insurer serving 2 million people in the Pacific Northwest, is investing heavily in their big data and data science capabilities. They’ve asked us to help by finding them a very strong data & ETL engineer. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work with real time streaming data that enables analytics and data science, all while being well compensated for playing a key role in serving the healthcare needs of the public. The opportunity to live in one of the nicest parts of the country is just one more benefit!
If you’re the right expert you’ll be a senior-level resource - leading big data capture, movement, and interface efforts while mentoring and training team members. You’ll work with some of today’s hottest data technologies including Attunity, AWS Redshift, Azure, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, and NoSQL data stores. In the end, your work will serve health plan members and help reinvent healthcare.
Think you’re our expert? Let’s talk! Please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
- Consulting with business partners and data scientists to understand their needs, develop requirements, and implement specifications.
- Architecting, designing, and building best-in-class ETL processes that ensure security, efficiency, and availability of critical data.
- Leading conceptualization, architecture, design, development, testing, and production support efforts.
- Programming and managing data exchange APIs.
- Leading and conducting unit and system testing.
- Mentoring and training junior team members by introducing them to new technologies and methods.
- Serving as a key data resource to the technical community and your partners in the business
- LOCATION: This company is based just outside of Seattle, Washington giving you the benefits of that great city without the hassles that come with commuting into it. This is one of the coolest areas in the US - A diverse community that is home to some of the world's technology leaders, including Amazon, Boeing, and Microsoft. (If you're a coffee fan, Seattle is also the home of Starbucks!)
MODE: This is a permanent position.
REQUIRED: Applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar area
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in data integration, design and management
- Experience with Teradata, Netezza, Azure, and / or Amazon Redshift (experience with more than one would be great!)
- A strong knowledge of:
- ETL tools: must have experience with DataStage
- Some scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.)
- An understanding of change data capture (CDC) methodology and working experience with at least one data replication tool (Attunity Replicate, Oracle Goldengate etc.)
- Strong understanding of web services
- Some experience with Hadoop, Spark, or MongoDB
- The ability to comfortably interact with various levels of management through documents, meetings, and presentations
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Three (3) years' experience in data integration, design, and/or management using NoSQL/Hadoop
- Industry knowledge of healthcare specific regulatory requirements for data management and knowledge of health insurance concepts and terms
- Any experience with Attunity
COMPENSATION: We know that folks like you are in demand. So, our client has crafted an attractive compensation package. The right candidate for this role can expect a salary of $120,000+ and is eligible for 10% annual bonuses.
But wait! That’s not all! You’ll also get:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Free parking
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.