Our client, a leading health insurer serving 2 million people in the Pacific Northwest, is investing heavily in big data and analytics. They’ve asked us to help by finding them a leader who can manage their reporting and analytics team. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s lead analytics teams and has hands-on BI and ETL experience.
In this role you’ll interact closely with business managers and run your team while being well compensated for playing a key role in serving the healthcare needs of the public. The chance to live in one of the nicest parts of the country is just one more benefit!
You and your team will work with analytic technologies like Tableau, Python, and R as you assemble and create data sets using some of today’s hottest data technologies including Attunity, Redshift, Azure, Teradata, Netezza, and NoSQL data stores.
In the end, your work will serve health plan members and help reinvent healthcare.
Think you’re our manager? Let’s talk! Please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: Your job will include:
- Managing the reporting and analytics team:
- Managing a team of analysts with specialized expertise in statistics, healthcare informatics, computer programming, data visualization, and database management
- Overseeing the creation of work products to monitor, analyze and report care delivery, operational productivity, and financial information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Leading complex projects using AGILE methods
- Instituting peer review processes to ensure work product quality and accuracy
- Coordinating with other teams to retrieve the data needed for analyses
- Interacting with the business:
- Communicating complex concepts, processes, analytical findings and conclusions to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Using your understanding of the key drivers of performance (e.g. customer acquisitions or retentions and return on investment) to deliver a range of business-focused analyses
- Interpreting and applying standard industry grouping techniques such as DxCGs, ETGs, ACGs, AP-DRGs, APR-DRGs as needed within analytic work
- Serving as a key resource on the “possible”:
- Testing and evaluating new analytic and reporting tool sets
- Instituting a continuous learning environment to ensure that the company constantly improves; applying new technologies, methods, and skill sets to maintain its market differentiation
- Helping develop a long-term analytics strategy and vision for the organization
LOCATION: This company is based just outside of Seattle, Washington giving you the benefits of that great city without the hassles that come with commuting into it. This is one of the coolest areas in the US - A diverse community that is home to some of the world's technology leaders, including Amazon, Boeing, and Microsoft. (If you're a coffee fan, Seattle is also the home of Starbucks!)
MODE: This is a permanent position.
REQUIRED: Applicants must have:
- Seven years of experience in analytics, business intelligence and analytical reporting
- Two years of management experience
- A strong grasp of big data and open source technologies
- Significant hands on experience with data visualization and reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL and advanced Excel skills
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Experience with:
- The healthcare industry
- Modern analytic languages such as SAS, R, or Python.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science or a similar quantitative field
- Experience writing SQL on Teradata and Hadoop/Hive
COMPENSATION:We know that folks like you are in demand. So, our client has crafted an attractive compensation package. The right candidate for this role can expect a competitive salary as well as annual bonuses.
But wait! That’s not all! You’ll also get:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Free parking
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.