Our client, one of the nation’s top transportation and logistics enterprises, has asked us to provide them with a super-strong Operations Research Engineer to proactively evaluate innovative technologies and identify industry best practices. The ideal candidate will use Operations Research and Data Science/Machine Learning tools to analyze client operations and develop practical recommendations that solve business problems.
Are you an OR professional looking for a cool, new challenge? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
- Developing strong client relationships and an understanding of their business operations and practices
- Creating innovative optimization models and technical approaches that address complex business issues and enable continuous solution improvement via self-learning algorithms.
- Managing projects and work assignments; from scoping, through execution and on to delivery
- Presenting advanced level engineering analyses and other advanced analytical research to technical and non-technical business audiences
The chosen consultant will be working on a highly skilled team with some of the latest analytics and operations research technologies.
LOCATION: This role allows candidates the opportunity to work remotely, with the understanding that they will need to be onsite in Green Bay, WI at the Corporate Business Center at least once a month or as needed.
Home to the famous Green Bay Packers football team (if you’ve never been to Green Bay, you’ve never really met football fans!), Green Bay has seen rapid growth and technological change over the past two decades. The city continues to attract and develop innovative startups as well as support a variety of staple industries such as agriculture, food processing, advanced manufacturing, and transportation and logistics. All of this is within a medium-sized city that has the amenities of a large city but the midwestern friendliness of a small one. Put simply, Green Bay has something for everyone!
MODE: This is a full-time role. Visa sponsorship is available for strong candidates.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in the following skills:
- Strong working knowledge of databases, database applications, spreadsheets, data analysis tools, and their application to trucking, logistics, and warehousing problems.
- Demonstrated ability in mathematical optimization modeling, linear programming solution techniques.
- Working knowledge of Java/Python and optimization libraries such as ILOG Concert, DoCPLEX or Gurobi.
- Working knowledge of one or more elevated level modeling languages such as AMPL, GAMS, MOSEL.
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Exposure to the transportation and logistics industry.
- An advanced degree in Operations Research, Math, or related quantitative field
COMPENSATION: We know that folks like you are in demand. So, our client has crafted an attractive compensation package. The right candidate for this role can expect a salary of $84-120K (depending on experience) as well as annual bonuses.
But wait! That’s not all! You’ll also get:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.