Our client, a consultant to one of the most well known names in the hospitality industry, has asked us to provide them with a super-strong Scala and Spark developer to work with their existing team supporting the movement of large volumes of data. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise working with Scala and Spark in a big data environment.
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
- Hands-on programming in Scala, and rapid delivery of working code
- Building data pipelines to source data from Hadoop and place it into the company’s data warehouse
- Participation in technical design discussions to devise ETL solutions and optimize performance
- Leveraging DevOps techniques such as CI/DC, build and test automation
This is a great role for someone with a one to three years of Scala experience who’s looking for a challenging environment in which to build out their big data skills!
LOCATION: This client is located in McLean, VA just across the Potomac River from the nation’s capital - Washington, DC.
DURATION: The chosen consultant will be required for at least 6 months, with the strong likelihood of extension.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in the following skills:
- Experience with Scala and Spark in a big data environment
- Experience with software development solutions
- AWS Redshift
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had some background in:
- DevOps techniques and practices
- The hospitality industry
- Experience as a mentor or team leader
COMPENSATION: $75/hr C2C including all expenses.
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
NOTE: Our client requires that we work ONLY with direct, W2 employees of our contracting partners. Contracting firms, do not submit resumes for candidates who are not your own, direct employees.