Our client, a very large life insurance and retirement solutions provider has asked us to find them a strong data scientist to mentor and bolster their growing team of eight professionals. This role is available on either a contract or, for candidates who don’t require sponsorship, a contract to hire basis.
Are you a data scientist who’s looking to take the next step with a growing company that takes machine learning seriously? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: Like all insurers, our client must balance premium revenues against the risk of incurring claims. This role is focused on the risk side of that equation, applying advanced data science techniques to analyze and manage the risks that the company insures. The work will specifically entail:
- Designing and developing advanced risk prediction models
- Identifying key drivers of risk and separating out noise
- Creating visualizations to communicate your findings to management
- Leading analytics initiatives
- Mentoring less-experienced team members
LOCATION: The chosen consultant will work from either Nashville, Tennessee or Lansing, Michigan. Remote work options are not available.
MODE: Contract or Contract to Hire (for candidates not requiring sponsorship)
DURATION: This contract is expected to run for at least six months and extension, as well as conversion to permanent status, is possible.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in the following:
- Data science and data analysis concepts
- At least one data science toolset (R, SAS, MATLAB, or Python)
- Programmatic data visualization packages (ggplot, matplotlib, Shiny, D3...)
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had some background in:
- Traditional business intelligence / visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, or Lumira
- A graduate degree in a quantitative field
- Experience in the insurance industry
COMPENSATION: $90 / hour on 1099
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
NOTE: Our client requires that we work ONLY with direct, W2 employees of our contracting partners. Contracting firms, do not submit resumes for candidates who are not your own, direct employees.
NOTE: We rely heavily on assertions in resumes and report suspected cases of resume fraud to the USCIS and other authorities. We therefore strongly advise the submission of only resumes that can be independently verified.
FOR CONTRACT TO HIRE ROLE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.