038: Principal Data Scientist
Are you a principal data scientist who can design and drive a company wide data science strategy? Our client, a 100 million dollar software company, offers the chance to do so in an environment that combines the best of both worlds - all of the benefits and stability of an established firm, as well as the flexibility and innovative vibe of a startup. They are continuing to grow, and have asked us to find the right expert who can help set the company’s machine learning path and then integrate that path into their product roadmap. This critical role has CEO visibility in this rapidly growing company that has a world-class client list and hundreds of millions of dollars in funding from big name investors.
Interested? Qualified? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: In this role you’ll report to the VP of Applied Research (i.e. there will be only one step between you and the CEO). The things you will be responsible for will include:
- Developing new advanced analytic models, both research-focused and highly applied
- Injecting successful models directly into this company’s software products
- Mentoring other data scientists (the opportunity to manage a team is also available if you desire)
LOCATION: This client is located in the center of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Built around the University of Michigan, one of the world’s top universities, Ann Arbor is an incredibly vibrant place, filled with great restaurants, high tech startups, and people from around the globe. We have huge festivals every summer, including a month-long summer festival of music and movies and the US’ largest outdoor art fair. In the autumn and winter the town takes on an air of excitement as we root on the university’s football, basketball, and hockey teams.
But wait, there’s more! Ann Arbor is only 45 minutes from Detroit - America’s renaissance city. If you haven’t been to Detroit lately, you’re missing out. It’s become an incredible place that’s built onto its storied past as the world’s auto home with the addition of high tech, retail, and culture. And just beyond Detroit is Ontario, Canada.
All things considered, Ann Arbor and southeast Michigan are jewels that are starting to get the attention they deserve. You should play a part!
REQUIRED: Given what is expected from this role, the chosen candidate must have:
- A strong grasp of both data science and statistics concepts (including bayesian & time series analysis)
- Hands on experience with data science tools (Python, R, etc.)
- Demand forecasting experience
- Basic SQL capability
- Basic NoSQL (Hadoop, Spark, Hive) and / or cloud data experience
- Data visualization experience
DESIRED: It would be great if you also had:
- Experience building a data science strategy
- A graduate degree in a technical or analytic field
- Mentorship experience
- Product development experience
- Supply chain experience
COMPENSATION: This client has crafted an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package that includes the following components:
- Annual bonuses
- An extremely generous benefits package that includes health and dental coverage, a 401k plan with matches, maternity and paternity leave
- A large number of paid vacation days and holidays
- A silicon-valley like facility and team but with midwestern costs of living
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background checks on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.