Our client, a leading health insurer serving 2 million people in the Pacific Northwest, has asked us to find them a data science manager to anchor their big data and data science efforts. This is a great role for a person who wants to advance their career and be well compensated while playing a key role in serving the healthcare needs of the public. If you’re the right expert, this role will allow you to set and implement a data science vision as well as build to a team to execute on that vision.
Think this could be you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: In this role you’ll:
- Supervise, own and manage the execution and delivery of advanced predictive analytics including things like visualization, data modeling, forecasting, simulation and data analytics built on complex, high-volume and high-dimensional datasets
- Develop and mentor a team of data scientists as they acquire, manipulate, and present data using data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling, and mathematical methods
- Develop and manage the implementation of a vision and strategy for data-based decision making throughout the entire organization
- Define, prioritize, and manage data science opportunities
- Be the advocate for technical solutions to executive and senior level decision makers, business stakeholders, and engineering teams
- Maintain the balance between sound, mathematically rigorous solutions and rapid delivery
LOCATION: This client is located in Seattle, WA - one of the coolest towns in the US. Seattle is a diverse city that is home to some of the world's technology leaders, like Amazon, Boeing, and Microsoft. (If you're a coffee fan, Seattle is also the home of Starbucks!)
REQUIRED: Applicants must have strong, proven experience that includes things like:
- Prior success as a senior level data scientist delivering solutions to challenging business problems
- Experience evangelizing data science concepts and building support and capabilities across an organization
- Expertise and experience in machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised), statistical modeling, design of experiments and forecasting
- Experience with the full stack of technologies required to deliver data science results: data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionalization, and monitoring of data science products
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Big data modeling work: Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Ability to quickly grasp business opportunities and develop data science strategies to address that opportunity
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had some experience with:
- Common tools like SQL, R, and Python as well as the related libraries and technologies (e.g. Pandas, Impala, Tensorflow)
- Healthcare data/the healthcare industry
COMPENSATION: We know that folks like you are in demand. So, our client has crafted a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and bonuses.
But wait! That’s not all! You’ll also get:
• Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Life and disability insurance
• Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
• Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
• Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Free parking
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background checks on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.