Our client, a well established, rapidly growing, venture funded spinoff of the University of Michigan, is leveraging data to advance the practice of medicine and the world of healthcare. The company gives healthcare providers the analytics they need to improve care and optimize performance. Because data is so centric to that mission, they’re now looking for a senior data architect to build their models, work with their clients, and keep them on track.
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work involves designing databases and data structures that
- Capture complex healthcare data
- Rapidly respond to highly summarized, analytic queries
- Capturing and managing valuable metadata to ensure a common understanding of the companies data artifacts
- Implementing and enforcing data governance policies
- Designing master data rules spanning multiple source systems
- Creating data quality testing and monitoring tools
- Strategizing and setting data storage, data modeling, and data governance standards
- Working closely with project and product development teams
LOCATION: This client is located in the center of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Built around the University of Michigan, one of the world’s top universities, Ann Arbor is an incredibly vibrant place, filled with great restaurants, high tech startups, and people from around the globe. We have huge festivals every summer, including a month-long summer festival of music and movies and the US’ largest outdoor art fair. In the autumn and winter the town takes on an air of excitement as we root on the university’s football, basketball, and hockey teams.
But wait, there’s more! Ann Arbor is only 45 minutes from Detroit - America’s renaissance city. If you haven’t been to Detroit lately, you’re missing out. It’s become an incredible place that’s built onto its storied past as the world’s auto home with the addition of high tech, retail, and culture. And just beyond Detroit is Ontario, Canada.
All things considered, Ann Arbor and southeast Michigan are jewels that are starting to get the attention they deserve. You should play a part!
MODE: This is a full-time, permanent role.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in:
- Data modeling (normalized and denormalized)
- Healthcare data coding standards (SNOMED, LOINC, ICD, CPT, RxNorm, etc.)
- Healthcare data transfer standards (HL7 2.x, C-CDA, FHIR, etc.)
- Data governance
DESIRED: In addition, it would be awesome if you had:
- Experience creating reusable test cases and test data
- A related graduate degree
- NoSQL experience
- AWS experience (S3, RDS, Athena, and / or Aurora)
- Experience with RESTful metadata APIs
COMPENSATION: This client has crafted a very competitive compensation and benefits package for this role.
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background checks on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.