Our client, one of the nation’s leading workers compensation insurance agencies has asked us to provide them with a couple of strong, experienced senior level data scientists to take the lead on projects for the development and testing of predictive risk models.
Interested? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes developing and tuning predictive models for multivariate analysis, linear modeling, and data mining. In particular, you’ll perform the necessary research and testing to develop custom models that improve business processes through machine learning and data science. Your work will likely include optimizing claims experience and will most probably entail the use of natural language processing skills.
Additionally, as a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading your projects, and training junior data scientists on predictive model development.
You’ll work as part of a highly skilled team with some of the latest data science tools and technologies.
LOCATION: While our client is amenable to remote assignments for super-strong candidates, onsite candidates will have preference and you really should consider working onsite. Housed in a converted factory that has been completely renovated to new purposes, this company has the feel of a Silicon Valley startup in a vibrant location at a far more affordable cost. The office is in Lansing, Michigan - one of the nicest college towns in the US.
Lansing is Michigan’s capital and home to Michigan State University, a large Big Ten school. Those factors combine to create an exciting, culturally-rich living experience. Lansing is also only about forty minutes from Ann Arbor, another Big Ten college town, and about an hour from Detroit - a city that’s experiencing an amazing renaissance. All things considered, the Lansing area has something for everyone, the amenities of a big town with the opportunity for a slower paced, less expensive lifestyle for those who want it. You should check it out!
MODE: Contract (contract to hire is strongly preferred)
DURATION: The chosen consultant will be required for a period of 6+ months.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in the following skills:
- R or Python
- Statistical modeling and data mining techniques
- Modeling software and data manipulation
- Predictive modeling
- Machine learning
- Team leadership/project management experience
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Some background in the insurance industry - particularly workers’ compensation
- A graduate degree in a quantitative field
- Significant research, modeling, or actuarial experience
- $80/hour as a 1099 contractor including all expenses OR
- $82,000 / year salary for permanent residents or very strong candidates on OPT visas who prefer W2 employment
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
- Our client requires that we work ONLY with direct, W2 employees of our contracting partners. Contracting firms, do not submit resumes for candidates who are not your own, direct employees.
- We rely heavily on assertions in resumes and report suspected cases of resume fraud to the USCIS and other authorities. We therefore strongly advise the submission of only resumes that can be independently verified.