074: Data Scientist
One of the nation’s most recognizable names in the utilities industry, has asked us to find them a super-strong data science consultant on a contract-to-hire relationship to support their enterprise level analytics projects.
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
- Applying a variety of data science methods to data in a cloud-centric, big data environment
- Developing predictive models to forecast business performance metrics
- Researching and implementing new data science tools and technologies
- Preparing presentations to communicate recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentoring junior team members
The chosen consultant will work with an established, highly skilled team applying some of the latest data science technologies.
LOCATION: This client is located in the heart of Detroit, Michigan. In case you haven’t heard, Detroit is experiencing a new renaissance of technology, food, arts, and culture. Building on its storied history as the “Motor City”, Detroit is now reinventing itself as a home for a vibrant community of well-funded startups with all the amenities demanded by a sharp, urban crowd.
With its constant offering of music and theatre performances, several of the nation’s best known museums, a trio of new major league sports arenas (and teams that occasionally win), and distinct neighborhoods of every flavor, the Detroit region truly has something for everyone!
REQUIRED: Applicants must possess a Graduate level degree in a quantitative field, and be very strong in the following:
- A wide range of quantitative analytics/data science methods
- SQL and data modeling, particularly in a Big Data environment
- Azure Big Data and AI tools
- Deploying and optimizing models in production
- Multiple BI tools and platforms
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- An advanced degree in Data Science
- Some experience in the energy/utility industry
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
- Our client requires that we work ONLY with direct, W2 employees of our contracting partners. Contracting firms, do not submit resumes for candidates who are not your own, direct employees.
- We rely heavily on assertions in resumes and report suspected cases of resume fraud to the USCIS and other authorities. We therefore strongly advise the submission of only resumes that can be independently verified.