077: Data Science Analyst
We’re helping a major health insurer find a super strong data scientist to help solve critical business problems by developing and testing complex data driven models.
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying business problems and then solving them with advanced machine learning/data science techniques
- Conducting data discovery and analysis
- Develop data models and data visualizations
- Working with both structured and unstructured data sets
The chosen consultant will be working with highly skilled cross-functional teams using some of the latest analytics and data techniques
LOCATION: This client is located in the heart of Detroit, Michigan. In case you haven’t heard, the Detroit area is experiencing a new renaissance of technology, food, arts, and culture. Building on its storied history as the “Motor City”, Detroit is now reinventing itself as a home for a vibrant community of well-funded startups with all the amenities demanded by a sharp, urban crowd.
With its constant offering of music and theatre performances, several of the nation’s best known museums, a trio of new major league sports arenas (and teams that occasionally win), and distinct neighborhoods of every flavor, the Detroit region truly has something for everyone!
MODE: This is a permanent, full-time role.
REQUIRED: Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- A strong grasp of both data science and statistics concepts as well as statistical testing techniques
- Experience with the programming tools commonly applied to data science problems (Python and / or R) and an interest in getting your hands dirty as you work with others to solve those problems
- A basic knowledge of Big Data environments and tools
- Enough SQL to access data for analysis
- Data visualization experience
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background checks on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.