089/090: Entry-Mid level Data Engineer
We’re helping a major health insurer find a talented candidate who has a Data Engineering focus but who also has some exposure to Data Science techniques. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working a variety of projects with the Advanced Analytics team - both to build data science models as well as create and optimize the data environments for the purposes of advanced analytics.
This role would be ideal for aspiring data scientists and data engineers who would like the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience before growing their expertise in a particular field
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes :
- Designing, developing, and testing data systems to support the manipulation of both structured and unstructured data
- Integration and cleansing of data from a variety of sources
- Optimizing data structures for analytics and visualization
- Producing and maintaining dataset documentation
- Identifying business problems and then solving them with advanced machine learning/data science techniques
- Conducting data discovery and analysis
- Developing data models and data visualizations
LOCATION: This client is located in the heart of Detroit, Michigan. In case you haven’t heard, the Detroit area is experiencing a new renaissance of technology, food, arts, and culture. Building on its storied history as the “Motor City”, Detroit is now reinventing itself as a home for a vibrant community of well-funded startups with all the amenities demanded by a sharp, urban crowd.
With its constant offering of music and theatre performances, several of the nation’s best known museums, a trio of new major league sports arenas (and teams that occasionally win), and distinct neighborhoods of every flavor, the Detroit region truly has something for everyone!
MODE: This is a permanent, full time role.
REQUIRED: Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with the programming tools commonly applied to data science and data engineering problems (Python and / or R) and an interest in getting your hands dirty as you work with others to solve those problems
- Exposure to Data Science concepts
- Experience with database development, testing, and integration
- Experience with Big Data environments and tools - particularly Spark/Pyspark
- Exposure to at least one Cloud data environment
- Experience with data visualization tools
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had some background in:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, etc.)
- Statistical modeling
- The healthcare or health insurance industry
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background checks on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time