093: Pyspark API Developer
Our client, one of the world’s most recognizable brands, has asked us to provide them with a few super-strong data engineers to help build the essential data pipelines for their data scientists as well as build/test/deploy API's in a Spark environment. These consultants will be required for at least six months (more likely 18+ months), and will work with the client's existing teams to "bring an analytics product to life (e.g. search/recommendations)".
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: Develop the engineering pieces around machine learning (e.g. feature pipelines, deployment, monitoring, so on) on critical bot and fraud detection systems.
LOCATION: The main offices for this client are located in Oregon. All work is currently being conducted remotely due to Covid-19, and this is likely to continue through the majority of this calendar year. Location beyond that is not yet certain.
MODE: Contract (Dataspace will consider Corp to Corp, 1099, and W2 arrangements for these critical roles.)
DURATION: The chosen consultant will be required for at least six months with strong likelihood of extension through June of 2022 or beyond.
REQUIRED: Applicants must be very strong in the following skills:
- Python coding skills
- PySpark and the Spark environment
- RESTful API development (gRPC is preferred but we'll also consider candidates with experience developing APIs with tools like Flask)
- Feature pipeline development (Airflow preferred but we'll also consider tools such as oozie)
- Experience with cloud computing environments - especially AWS
- Experience with databases, processing and storage frameworks
- Hands-on industry experience designing, developing, and deploying machine learning models
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had some background in:
- Personalized recommendation engines
- CI/CD experience
- Bot detection
- Experience with Databricks
COMPENSATION: Up to $100/hr. Dependent on experience. Dataspace will consider Corp to Corp, 1099, and W2 arrangements for these critical roles.
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
- Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
- Our client requires that we work ONLY with direct, W2 employees of our contracting partners. Contracting firms, do not submit resumes for candidates who are not your own, direct employees.
- We rely heavily on assertions in resumes and report suspected cases of resume fraud to the USCIS and other authorities. We therefore strongly advise the submission of only resumes that can be independently verified.