111: Head of Data Engineering
We’re helping a rapidly growing fintech startup build out their big data capabilities. One role they’ve asked us to help fill is this Head of Data Engineering. Because the company’s business plan is built on understanding their customers and their data, this role is central to the organization’s success.
This company grew from 60 to 100 employees last year... during the pandemic! They're on a steep upward trajectory. Can you help them achieve their goal of making their digital banking and lending platform a core tool that helps everyone make financial progress? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: This is a beefy and critical role that will require you to contribute in a number of ways, including:
- Developing the company’s strategic roadmap for data engineering
- Doing actual hands-on data engineering tasks
- Building a dedicated data engineering team that will report to you
LOCATION: This client is located in New York City. While they’d prefer that their Head of Data Science work from Manhattan, they realize that this is a hard role to fill and are willing to consider strong remote candidates.
REQUIRED: Applicants must possess the following:
- Experience with cloud data providers (AWS preferred)
- Experience building ETL / data streaming jobs (Kafka, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Comfort with traditional big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Experience designing data platforms
- Experience managing cloud databases
- A basic knowledge of data modeling
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and tools
DESIRED: In addition, it would be great if you had:
- Experience managing teams
- FinTech experience
- A graduate degree in a technical discipline
COMPENSATION: Our client knows that people like this are unique and they’re willing to pay what’s required for the strongest candidates. They are, therefore, budgeting this role at a base salary of $200k to $250k per year + bonuses + a very generous benefit package.
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
- This role is open to citizens as well as US-based resident aliens.
- Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.