Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator
The NOC Operator is responsible for monitoring and managing the operations of Devo Platform and Service. This position handles level 1 technical support for the different systems and services. This is an entry level learning position. The NOC Operator will receive close supervision and support from the NOC Manager and the Cloud Operations Team.
The NOC Operator will also be mentored and trained by the rest of the Cloud Operations Team. The Network Operations Center provides the company 24/7 coverage and NOC Operators are expected to work outside normal business hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Provide level 1 support for the different Devo systems and services.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the operations of Devo Platform and Service
- Prioritizes and addresses events detected by monitoring systems.
- Follows documented procedures to resolve issues.
- Independently run tasks, projects and lead initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Prioritize tasks effectively, set deadlines and document designs and procedures.
- Protect internal and external Enterprise Information Assets.
- Creates documentation for common issues and resolutions.
- Escalate issues and communicate details thoroughly.
- Monitor the platform and suggest future architectural needs and ensure scalability.
- Identify areas for improvement and take ownership.
- Solid understanding of Linux.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies.
- Management of basic services such as web servers, application servers and databases.
- Familiarity with private/public/hybrid Cloud Computing technologies.
- Familiarity with at least one programming language.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices.
- Infrastructure as Code knowledge is a plus (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.).
- Knowledge of at least one of these Configuration Management tools is a plus: puppet, chef, salt or ansible.
Devo, ranked #151 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America, unlocks the full value of machine data for the world’s most instrumented enterprises, putting more data to work now. Only the Devo data analytics platform addresses both the explosion in volume of machine data and the new, crushing demands of algorithms and automation, enabling IT operations and security teams to realize the full transformational promise of machine data to move the business forward.
Founded as Logtrust in 2011 in Madrid, Spain, there are now 190+ Devos across our Cambridge, Massachusetts headquarters, our Madrid European headquarters, and in locations in the UK, Brazil, and across the US – all passionate about helping customers gain real-time actionable insight from their data, at petabyte scale. From the largest financial services companies, to global telecoms, to world-wide security organizations, Devo collects trillions of events every day to help customers speed time to action and gain the insight they need to drive their businesses.