Software Engineer (FrontEnd)
Devo is a privately-held, hyper-growth software company, backed by a leading global private equity and venture capital firm, in need of software engineers to join the Technical Acceleration team. Devo provides real-time, cloud based, Big Data solutions that allow for the integration, management and visualization of all the data generated by an organization to obtain operational and business intelligence. The solution offers the ability to ingest, store and analyze massive, varied and dynamic data sets at high speed. The company delivers business insights in minutes that would otherwise take days or weeks to discover. The position will be located in Cambridge, MA and will report directly to the Director, Technical Acceleration.
The Technical Acceleration team acts as a flexible engineering resource for the Devo pre-sales organization. Their work includes onboarding new customer data sources, enabling custom workflows within the platform, prototyping tools for prospects, building resources and data sets for demos, developing integrations with other software, and more.
The incumbent will work as a member of this team to build front-end interfaces for a variety of projects. This will range from creating prototype/MVP customer-facing applications for analyzing and visualizing data to writing interfaces for creating, managing, and monitoring automated tasks to designing and maintaining interfaces for internal tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build client facing tools for querying, visualizing, and interacting with data stored in the Devo platform
- Design and build interactive interfaces for creating, monitoring, and updating server-side tasks
- Develop, maintain and adapt interfaces for internal tools
- See products through the development cycle from proof-of-concept work to robust production deployments
- Write reusable and maintainable front-end code that can be shared across a suite of products/applications
- Consult with customer counterparts to enable success
- Write and maintain documentation about interfaces and tools developed
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time without notice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2+ years experience of production level web-development, including experience with a modern framework such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Entrepreneurial, team-centric, and solution-focused mindset
- Experience doing both proof-of-concept work and production-ready development and everything in between
- Ability to break down complex problems to the necessary components and propose and evaluate solutions for each of those components
- Strong understanding of asynchronous requests and AJAX
- Familiarity with querying a database, including knowledge of SQL or similar
- Familiar with a version-control system, such as git
- Experience building custom interactive visualizations using D3.js and/or other visualization libraries
- Some experience with backend development is a plus
- Experience with a breadth of AWS services is a plus (S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds/4.5kg. The vision requirements include: close vision.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.