Software Engineer (Backend)
Devo is a privately-held, hyper-growth software company, backed by a leading global private equity and venture capital firm, in need of software engineers to join the Technical Acceleration team. Devo provides real-time, cloud based, Big Data solutions that allow for the integration, management and visualization of all the data generated by an organization to obtain operational and business intelligence. The solution offers the ability to ingest, store and analyze massive, varied and dynamic data sets at high speed. The company delivers business insights in minutes that would otherwise take days or weeks to discover. The position will be located in Cambridge, MA and will report directly to the Director, Technical Acceleration.
The Technical Acceleration Team acts as a flexible engineering resource for the Devo pre-sales organization. Their work includes onboarding new customer data sources, enabling custom workflows within the platform, prototyping tools for prospects, building resources and data sets for demos, developing integrations with other software, and more.
The incumbent will apply a breadth of tools and technology to bring data science solutions to life on the Devo platform, ranging from scalable model deployment to standing up API’s and services for internal tracking and monitoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and improve Kubernetes infrastructure and Docker containers for consumption of customer and prospect data sources, for example pulling from external API’s or consuming queues
- Develop software to facilitate integration with partner platforms, such as pushing alerts or other data to external automation endpoints
- Develop APIs for interacting with internal tools and systems
- Perform ETL tasks supporting new-customer migration to the Devo platform
- Automate monitoring of data flow and volume
- Serve as a source of technical expertise within the pre-sales organization
- Consult with customer counterparts to enable success
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time without notice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA in Computer Science or proven experience in an engineering role
- Entrepreneurial, team-centric, and solution-focused mindset
- Ability to break down complex problems to necessary components and propose and evaluate solutions for each of those components
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container and orchestration technologies
- 2+ years experience writing production level Python code, with knowledge of at least one popular framework (Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc.)
- Experience with a breadth of AWS/cloud services (S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, etc.)
- Familiar with a version-control system, such as git
- Able to extract, clean and merge data from various sources
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy
- Experience with Big Data tools a bonus (EMR, Spark, Presto, Hadoop, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds/4.5kg. The vision requirements include: close vision.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.