Disaster Tech Labs is a technology charity which build & manages wifi networks in disaster & crisis areas in support of other NGO's and first response organisations.
All our work is carried out by unpaid volunteers.
To improve our response capacity we are designing (wifi) networking hardware combining a rich feature-set.
Currently we have a need for a volunteer Hardware Design Engineer willing to assist in this design process.
The position is voluntary and can be carried out remotely (from home or elsewhere).
For this position we are looking for volunteers with experience in the following areas:
• Hardware design and development of embedded systems.
• Carry out circuit simulations to prove out concepts and designs
• Ensure schematic design and PCB layout optimized for performance
• Generation of System and Hardware requirement specifications.
• Efficient technical guidance and management of assigned resources.
• Provide Technical Leadership and decision making to the Project Team
• Reviews of Customer Requirements and Specification
• Selecting appropriate design solutions and platforms
• General design reviews and problem resolution
• Issues during product validation and homologation
• Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
• Manage technical communication with Customer
• Responsibility for identifying & scheduling all hardware development tasks in conjunction with relevant Project Manager. Generation of timing plans for same.
• Keep up to date with new Standards in the Industry
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in hardware design
• Ability to bring a project from concept to volume manufacturing
• Project management skills
• Mindset of continuous improvement
If you meet the above standards and are interested in working on both the cutting edge of technology and disaster relief please submit your resume.