Sr. Oracle and SQL Server DBA
Dobler Consulting, an award winning database support company for Fortune 500 companies as well as Small and Midsize Business (SMB) in the United States, seeks a Sr. Oracle and SQL Server DBA to join their team.
- Designs, documents, implements, monitors, secures and supports Oracle relational, OLTP, OLAP, and star schema databases and other database systems.
- Designs, documents, implements, monitors, secures and supports SQL Server database systems.
- Active experience in supporting SQL Server environments.
- Plans and manages patch application on all database servers.
- Creates, distributes, and enforces standards for user account, group, and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PHI or other sensitive data protected under HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, or other state or federal regulatory requirements.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors archive and other essential log file configuration, operation, and location.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors backup of critical database files to tape or other approved media, and other database protection or high availability solutions such as replication, mirroring, shadowing, or RAC.
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools such as Stats Pack, Enterprise Manager, and appropriate third party OS and Oracle performance monitoring tools.
- Provides monthly reports to management on performance on production databases including any performance exceptions and all requested performance data in a summarized, easy-to-read format.
- Designs, documents, and implements performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements.
- Creates, documents, and implements standard, secure, high-performance configurations for all Oracle and SQL Server database installs.
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Dynamic work environment with challenging project assignments
- Great benefits
- Competitive salary
- A support net of highly experienced Oracle and SQL Server experts
- Dobler Consulting is an Oracle Gold Partner and a Microsoft Gold Partner
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle database administration
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server database administration
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong communication skills