Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as market leader in our industry. Are you a qualified Junior Health & Safety Compliance Officer?
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
The Junior Health & Safety Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring and enforcing the Company’s health and safety and compliance standards and procedures within premises operated by the Company.
· Monitor and ensure both employees and third-party compliance with the Company health and safety standards and procedures within premises operated by the Company.
· Monitor and ensure adherence to workplace transport and traffic management procedures.
· Deliver health and safety related training with employees and third parties as required.
· Carrying out a variety of audits including internal health and safety and TASCC audits and advising on safety management systems.
· Identifying training needs of employees, identifying appropriate training courses, as well as additional competence requirements.
· Participating in and ensuring that an effective consultation mechanism is maintained within the organisation for health and safety.
· Increasing safety awareness within the company by regular staff and management briefings and disseminating health and safety information.
· Acting as a liaison person with contractors coming onto site, ensuring their safety procedures are in order and ensuring that they are provided with the same standards of health and safety as company employees.
· Investigating accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences.
· Liaise with the Groups regional / divisional managers on an on-going basis to ensure implementation of the Group’s safe system of work and integrated SHEQ management system.
· Completing additional training as required by management in line with a Health and Safety Advisor skill set.
· Warehouse management and compliance as per the Company’s HACCP plan and TASCC guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications
· Health and Safety certificate qualification
· Excellent communications, interpersonal and people management skills
· Excellent organisational, time management and leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and achieve objectives in a timely manner
· Work on own initiative, be able to give instruction to site personnel
· Work effectively as part of a team
· Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
· Good administrative and IT Skills i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Good literacy and numerical skills
· Full, clean Category B driving license or an equivalent driving license from another country which is valid in Ireland
Pay & Benefits
The successful candidate will be eligible to receive:
- Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
- Death In Service Benefit
- Dental Care Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Vision/Eye Care