Traffic Management Operatives
We are currently recruiting 100+ staff in the position of Traffic Management Operatives. Consider joining our facilities management team in Dublin!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
We endeavour to operate twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week based on the needs of our customers, ship schedules; therefore, the Traffic Management Operative’s working hours will include early morning, late evenings and weekends.
The Traffic Management Operative will join our facilities management team based in Dublin Port. The Traffic Management Operative will work as part of a team in ensuring the receiving and checking of vehicles, by directing motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Previous Traffic Management experience ( not required but is an advantage )
· The ability to receive and check off trucks, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely processes in line with health and safety guidelines.
· Responsible for the safety of road users and pedestrians while on the compound and they must be able to demonstrate an ability to deal with the public in a friendly and effective manner.
· Training will be delivered upon commencement to ensure the successful candidate understands how to carry out their duties safely while on the compound.
· Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Previous customer service experience desirable
- Fluent English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Own transport essential for shifts which may begin outside of the hours of public transport
Compensation & Benefits
The successful candidate will also be eligible to receive:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Vision/Eye Care
The rate of pay for this position will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Job Type: Full -time,12 Month, Fixed-term Contract.
Start Date: 01/01/2021