Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as market leader in our industry? Consider joining our Stevedoring Site Management team!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
The Stevedoring Site Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the stevedoring operation, pertaining to, but not limited to overall terminal operations, crane, and secondary handling equipment, rostering for a wide group of staff while giving direction and leadership on a day to day basis. The Stevedoring Site Manager, together with other members of the Operations Management team, has the primary responsibility for managing Health & Safety matters on a day-to-day basis. The Stevedoring Site Manager’s overriding responsibility is to do this in a safe manner and in a way that maximises the Company’s efficiency. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of these operations or similar, with an interest in helping and improving operations always desired.
· · Ensuring operations are correctly staffed. This involves daily communication with other managers and customers to accurately meet their demands
· Manage staff in the Stevedoring department- Delegate tasks as appropriate and co-ordinate staff as required
· Rostering of staff across Vessel Operations, Terminal Equipment, and other Departments as well as General Duties
· Monitoring terminal operations to ensure SOP’s and safe practices are being adhered to
· Contributing to all safety committee issues and meetings
· Manage day-to-day operations to ensure the Health & Safety of all staff and third parties who are affected by the Company’s operations
· Establishing a good working relationship with managers across all divisions
· Manage staff absenteeism and discipline
· Interviewing and Onboarding new staff
· Ensuring operations are run to an efficient level
· Excellent communications, interpersonal and people management skills
· Excellent organisational, time management and leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and achieve objectives in a timely manner
· Work on own initiative, be able to give instruction to site personnel
· Work effectively as part of a team
· Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
· Good administrative and IT Skills i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The working hours and days for this position will vary from week to week depending on the shipping schedules.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Good literacy and numerical skills
Pay & Benefits
The successful candidate will be eligible to receive:
· Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
· Death In Service Benefit
· Dental Care Scheme
· Vision/Eye Care