Freight Forwarding Administrator
Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as the market leader in our industry.
Consider joining our maintenance team in Belfast!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics, and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With over 130 years operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
The Freight Forwarder Administrator is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations within our Freight Forwarding departments. The Freight Forwarder Administrator will proactively assist with the processing of consignments, invoicing, and other administrative duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Accepting & processing Customs Export/Import
· Adherence to procedures relating to the accrual of costs, invoicing, completion of shipment files, and general administration.
· Contacting suppliers (ocean, air, road) and negotiating rates.
· Position will also include a lower volume of Road & Air Freight Forwarding.
· Issuing quotations and managing customer accounts.
· Efficient resolution of operational problems/invoice queries
· Be responsible for handling designated key accounts, controlling collections/deliveries / POD’s
· Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and potential clients
· Invoicing, filing, and general administrative duties.
· Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
· Excellent communication/telephone skills.
· Strong Customer Service & Administrative skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, etc….
· Ability to work on own initiative but can also work well with a friendly team.
Some in-house training will be provided.
Pay & Benefits
The successful candidate will also receive:
· Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
· Death In Service Benefit
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience