Container Admin Agent
Help us provide an unrivalled service to our customers and build on our position as market leader in our industry. Consider joining the DSG container/cargo terminal team!
Who We Are
We are the largest independent shipping company in Ireland offering integrated shipping, logistics and maritime services through our offices in all the major ports in Ireland. With 130 years’ operating in the shipping industry, we offer an unrivalled level of experience and expertise to our customers.
The Container Administration Agent will join our Container/Cargo Terminal team in Dublin Port. The Container Administration Agent is responsible for managing the movement of containers and cargo in/out of the Company’s container/cargo terminal and processing all transactions accordingly.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
· Processing and managing customer bookings
· Processing and managing of container and cargo movements within the Lo/Lo and Ro/Ro Terminal
· Control access and egress to the Lo/Lo and Ro/Ro Terminal
· Answering all incoming calls for Lo/Lo & Ro/Ro Terminal
· Liaising with RTG, crane and reachstacker operators regarding container and cargo movements
· Liaising with the Maintenance Department regarding machinery/plant breakdowns and maintenance
· Investigate and resolve customer queries and complaints
· Liaise with Customs on containers and cargo
· Completion of HAZ and Customs import and export procedures and processing of required documentation
· Monitoring and reporting of container and cargo damage
· Deliver the highest standard of customer care to all truck drivers
· Checking and processing of seals and seal numbers
· Assist with the general housekeeping/cleaning of Terminal Gate entrance and exit area
The working hours are an average of 40 hours per week based on a rotating roster. The roster will include early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will be analytical with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
· Leaving Certificate or equivalent education standard required
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Good level of computer literacy/skills
Pay & Benefits
The rate of pay will be discussed with the successful candidate
The successful candidate will also be eligible to receive:
· Company Pension Scheme (with company contributions)
· Dental Care Scheme
· Sick Pay Scheme
· Vision/Eye Care